Alliant Government-Wide Acquisition Contract
Government-Wide Acquisition Contract
Overview l Supported Functional Areas l Contract Benefits l Abacus Advantage l Abacus Team l Contract Details l Contact Info
Alliant is GSA's largest and most versatile Government Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) vehicle. The contract is designed specifically to provide all federal agencies with an efficient and flexible way to order a full suite of information technology solutions, including hardware, software, communications and services.
The scope of the Alliant contract is centered on the ability to provide any and all components of an integrated IT solutions, including technologies that emerge during the lifecycle of the contract.
The scope of the Alliant GWAC includes any and all components of an integrated Information Technology (IT) solution, including all current and any new technologies which may emerge during the life cycle of the Contract, and IT systems and services in support of National Security Systems, as defined in FAR 39.002.
The primary Alliant support areas include:
- Service Access Delivery
- Service Platform and Infrastructure
- Component Framework
- Service Interface and Integration
IT Application Services
- Customer Service
- Process Automation
- Business Management
- Business Asset Services
- Business Analytical Services
- Back Office Services
- Support Services (Security, Systems, and Forms Management, Communications)
- DoDEA Mission Area Support
IT Management and Security
- Controls and Oversight
- Risk Management and Mitigation
- Regulatory Development
- Planning and Resource Allocation
- System and Network Controls
With GSA’s Alliant contract, government agencies can obtain a single source of integrated IT services and access to “best in class” private sector IT services. Its broad array of features and benefits include:
- Allows for long-term planning on large-scale programs
- Offers flexibility and supports all contract types (i.e. fixed price, cost reimbursement, labor-hour and time-materials)
- Adheres to pre-competed and streamlined ordering procedures
- Accommodates federal guidelines regarding enterprise architecture and other IT compliance standards and protocols
- Requires Top Secret facility clearances for awardees.
Abacus Technology stands ready to serve government customers in providing expanded IT support services under Alliant. We bring demonstrated large program management excellence, superior IT services as part of our core business, and an extensive technical reach back capability.
Highlights of Abacus Technology:
- Proven Prime Contractor Experience – Abacus has steadily grown into a prominent IT consulting firm since our inception in 1983. We are a financially strong and stable small business with no need for any outside working capital to perform the Alliant contract. We have successfully managed large, complex IT support service efforts across widely dispersed geographic locations.
- Extensive Task Order Management Experience – The majority of our contracts in support of Federal agencies have been task order driven. Over the past 30 years, we have successfully managed 40+ GWAC/IDIQ contracts and conducted more than 850 task orders.
- Well-Established Programmatic Infrastructure – We maintain a robust suite of business systems and applications that satisfy task order life cycle management functions and provide customers with cost, schedule, and performance status visibility.
- Lean Organizational Structure – Our short chain of command, onsite management, and centralized program office support functions make us highly cost competitive in the marketplace and immediately responsive to changing client needs.
- Full Service Alliant Provider – The performance work areas embodied by the Alliant contract directly map to Abacus Technology's core competencies for providing innovative IT solutions in engineering and administration, communications, and information assurance.
- Corporate Commitment to Industry Quality Standards – Abacus operates in accordance with certified ISO 9001 Quality System Management, Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) Level 3, and ISO 20000 IT Service Management processes.
The Abacus Alliant team is assembled based on the specific requirements for each task order RFP. This team incorporates tested and proven partners to bring the best technologies and most experienced employees to support the government’s information technology and telecommunications needs.
|Contracting Agency:||General Services Administration (GSA)|
|Contract Type:||Government Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC), Open to all Federal agencies and departments, world-wide|
|Prime or Subcontract:||Prime|
|Period of Performance:||March 27, 2009 - April 30, 2019|
|Task Order Types:||Fixed-Price (all types), Cost-Reimbursement (all types), Time & Material (T&M) and Labor Hour (LH)|
Abacus Contract Documentation
Prompt Payment Terms
Net 30 days.
|Maximum Program Ceiling:||$50 Billion (including Options)|
|Minimum Quantity Guaranteed:||$2,500|
|Term of Basic Contract:||One five-year base period with one five-year option period|
Abacus Alliant Program Manager
|Abacus Contract Administrator
For information about the Alliant contract, visit the GSA website at: http://www.gsa.gov/portal/category/25301